Got a new iPhone 5, an iPhone 4S, iPhone 4, an iPad 2 or 3, or a recent iPod touch running iOS 6, Apple’s touch device operating system in September 2012? If so then Apple is spying on you. They do this for two business reasons. They track your usage for internal purposes. They sell [...]
Wednesday evening, January 25, 2012, I am presenting Being Safe in a Digital World to the Cotton Club Greenwich, a Greenwich, CT group. The talk is intended to help tighten up one’s mental and digital defenses against digital data and privacy loss. My preparation got me thinking, “Who do we need to defend ourselves against?”
The Carrier IQ pre-installed keylogging rootkit software has been a big item in tech security news ever since Trevor Eckhart of Torrington, CT unleashed his analysis on his WordPress blog a few weeks ago.
Cell phone carriers, AT&T, Sprint and T-Mobile, but not Verizon, installed this software on Android [...]
The Tech Addict lives here.
Follow me on Twitter
- Busted: 5 Common Myths About Web Security http://t.co/3EeWH8OIEK [#]
- SkyDrive Pro client for Windows now available http://t.co/JQoQ5wGTNf [#]
- Funny and true: After a Long Absence | Bonkers World http://t.co/2C5PTcQFsL [#]
- And so it begins, death of TV: Broadband-only subs gain steam at Time Warner Cable, Charter, Cablevision http://t.co/r1tcvnmN2i [#]
- Microsoft is so great with error message help. Wow! http://t.co/bedgtxwKGf#not [#]
May 2013 S M T W T F S « Apr 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31