Cablevision explains what happened
My guess: Installation of the NSA’s intercepting routing equipment did not go as planned.
Cablevision’s customer communication about issues that lasted two, maybe three days is shown below.
The “today” listed in their email is actually yesterday. Notice that there is no account of what the trouble was. Symptoms were that some websites, but not all, for example Microsoft.com, were unreachable or extremely slow to download, while others, such as Google.com, performed without issue.
The Tech Addict lives here.
Follow me on Twitter
- RT @edbott: To honor Bob Dylan's 72nd birthday, @slate did an interactive map of every place that ever showed up in a Dylan song http://t.c… [#]
- Mac World Survey | Mountain Lion: Which features do you really use? http://t.co/KkK4zfqvBC [#]
- @SymonPerriman The Edge shows are great. Really appreciate your work. [#]
- Larry Page's Google Abandons Open Standards for IM http://t.co/8tBuVnaQ3e Want Eric back as CEO? I do. [#]
- Fun to play with. Don't know how useful. Microsoft Office Interactive Content Pivot http://t.co/rZ0g4Z3IXq [#]